Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Nail Routine - Prep & Polish!

Good evening :)

For anyone that knows me, it's a given that I'm a nail varnish addict. At the last count I had approximately 250 bottles and I know I've had a 'few' more since then!

In recent times it's been hard to find time to do my nails however due to my recent purchases from Asda (see my Perfect Pinks? post) and my recent Boots Haul!!.. I have four new ones to try out (and these are on top of 6 gorgeous summer shades from China Glaze that I picked up in TK Maxx a few weeks ago). I have a serious problem!!!!

Anywhoo.. I decided to give the Asda's Gel Pro Nail Varnish on 09 Nude Pink a go and I thought I'd take you through my basic routine.

Step One
Get all the tools together:
  • Nail File
  • Orange stick
  • Base coat
  • Nail Varnish
  • Topcoat
  • Make-up wipes 
  • Nail varnish remove
  • Cotton buds
Step Two
Take any existing nail varnish off.


Step Three
File nails neatly, push cuitcles back with the orange stick and apply a base coat. (Tip: I use the makeup wipes to remove any dust of the nails and finger tips once filed).
For the last 3-4 years I used the Nails Inc Base Coat with Kensington Caviar for my base however for Christmas I got their Superfood NailKale base coat and I love it!!



Step Four
Once the base coat has dried (NailKale usually takes about 60-90 seconds for me), apply chosen nail varnish.
I needed two coats of the Nude Pink from Asda's Gel Pro Range. It was quite thin in consistency however two coats provided a good solid colour.
I then tidy up any messy parts by using a pointed cotton wool bud dipped in nail varnish remover.

Step Five
Apply topcoat and let dry.

For a standard topcoat I'd advise to let the coloured nail varnish dry first  BUT... for a long time I'd heard about Seche Vite and how 'good' it was, how you could apply this pretty much straight after painting your nails and it would dry though all the coats (yeah right?!?!?), well I kid you not these are NOT false claims.
I dragged (nicely) my friend to her local Sally's store with the aim of hunting this gem down about 3 months ago and there, in the spotlight, was this miracle product and I do not regret it, or its £10.99 price tag!!
Coming back up to date, I have used it every single time I've done my nails since and it dries within 30 seconds.. and this isn't tacky dry... this is dry dry!! It's a similar feel to you've had your nails set by a UV light!
The only fault I can find with Seche Vite is that it doesn't hold up so well if you do the dishes only a short while after applying it.. maybe should have waited an extra 5 extra minutes or Mr B could've done them (that is one miracle that will never happen! :) )

Overall when I do my nails, the above is everything I do for a 'quick' mani.
Ler me know your thoughts and if you have any tips for a super quick mani :)

Hannah
x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews