Previous Blog Posts

Thursday 5 May 2016

Boots Haul!!

Hello :)

Following the bank holiday weekend and the Tuesday blues, I popped into Boots.
I keep a 'little' list of beauty-wants on my phone so I thought Tuesday evening was a good time to tick some purchases off the list :)

I could honestly live in Boots however as this wouldn't be allowed... it happens that I only live several feet from it's front door - sooo dangerous!!

First up, I bought two (yes, two) Maybelline Lash Sensational mascaras, one normal and one waterproof - both in Black. I love Benefit's Roller Lash and I've read and watched tons of reviews (even a fab Youtube 'wear and compare' review by Miss Budget Beauty!) and I thought I'd give it a go and I'll update the blog once I've taken them for a spin :) I'm not expecting the same results as I get with Roller Lash but a good second place would be worth it!

Second into my basket, I bought Rimmel's Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Foundation in 100 Ivory.
I've had a mini sample of Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay in Place in Fresco from the Boots @ Cribbs Causeway in Bristol and I LOOOVE it, but as I haven't been back to that branch to purchase a full size I thought I'd give something else (a little bit cheaper) a go instead.
I've not tried this on my face yet however shade wise I was happy in the shop BUT when I got home and looked at where I'd swatched it and I could've been mistaken for a vampire walking into the sunlight in the Twilight series.. it's a tad shimmery to say the least! I'm still going to give it a good try and I'll report back soon.

Then by accident, Bourjois' new Radiance Reveal concealer fell in to the basket and only made it back out to jump into the carrier bag at the till :) Sadly there seems to be only 3 shades available and are all in the lighter end of the spectrum.
Being fairly new at using concealers until I'd discovered the 'holy grail' Collection Lasting Perfection beauty, this one from Bourjois has been a well talked about product and I hope worth the hype!

I picked up an Essie nail varnish in 'Cocktail Bling' (this shade was in Essie's All I Want for Christmas 2015 set) as part of an instore Coca Cola offer - buy one of the selected shades of an Essie polish and a 500ml bottle of coke for £5.99 (bargain!!!). I really like Essie varnishes, I've not got many in vast collection of varnishes but the ones I have are of such good quality and this muted bluebell colour is lovely and so nice for spring :)

Last lap, I entered the hair care section picking up a trusted Batiste Dry Shampoo in the Cherry fragrance.. I don't need to say anymore :)

And finally.. whilst exiting the aisle towards the till (as Mr B was getting a sweat on in the car waiting for me and my purse to surface!) I saw the new L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay range. On offer at 3 for £10, I picked up the pre-shampoo mask, the anti-dandruff shampoo and the conditioner. Again, another hyped up product but an interesting one at that! I'll be doing a first impression post on these which will be up soon :)
I hope you enjoyed the mini haul (I certainly did :))

Blog soon!
Hannah
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews