Previous Blog Posts

Friday 6 May 2016

First Impressions - L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Range

Good evening everyone :)

Following my Boots Haul!! post yesterday, I said I'd follow this up a first impression of the L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay range, focusing on the pre-shampoo mask, anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner!

First of all, I got these in a three for £10 offer in Boots and considering the shampoo and the conditioner are the larger size they hit the value for money nail right on the head :)


L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Masque Pre Shampoo Treatment 150ml

I applied this on to my dry roots and in all honesty it felt a little like how I imagine rubbing actual clay into my hair would be like (I assure you this isn't something I've done before!). Scent wise this was quite neutral, a little fresh but definitely not offensive in anyway.

I wasn't a massive fan of the texture to begin with HOWEVER... after the suggested 5 minute wait time I started to wash it out, the product softened and once rinsed out fully my roots felt really 'light' and soft which left me pleasantly surprised :) Something I'll be using at least once a week for sure!!

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 400ml

Such a lovely product!

It has such a really nice scent yet not overpowering, it's like a 'normal' shampoo consistency-wise (I was expecting it to possibly be like a thinner version of the masque texture but no!) and I can't believe how much lather it produced :)

I chose the anti dandruff version (there is a normal version available too), purely because my scalp has been quite dry over the last couple of months. Other anti-dandruff shampoos I've tried over recent times have helped with scalp but they don't seem to have the capability to look after the hair... meaning I might aswell be wearing a straw hat on occasions!

Within 2 minutes of using this, among all the bubbles my hair had this 'light' feeling again, and once rinsed it was really soft (not something I experience too much high street branded shampoos!).

L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Conditioner 400ml


And finally, just before I became a complete convert, the conditioner was really good. Again it was of 'normal' consistency for a conditioner but I didn't seem to need much.

I left this on for about 10 minutes whilst I showered, rinsed thoroughly with warm water and followed by a quick cool rinse (I believe this is supposed to add shine... right?) and my hair felt really clean and still super soft.

I finished off with towel drying my hair and for the last few months I've been using a leave in conditioner before drying with a hairdryer BUT I felt that I didn't need to do this last night and I don't regret not using it either!!

I blowdried by hair upside down (as I struggle with bounce in my roots) and I kid you not, there was bounce!! This never happens as it usually just flattens right down on my scalp so I was impressed but sleeping would be the test!

Rolling forward to this morning, after sleeping with my hair up, I released it and there was softness, bounce, and it felt really, really good and where the grease devil normally starts to make his appearance here at the 24 hour mark (whilst writing this post) I can genuinely and honestly say it feels like it did this morning.. winning!!

Overall, I have found a new love in the Extraordinary Clay products and I've moved these into the shower in place of my other products (that have now been relegated to the 'I've run out of...' backup pile).

Thumbs up from me :)


Hannah
x

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews