Previous Blog Posts

Sunday 8 May 2016

Maybelline Lash Sensational - Sizzle or Fizzle?

 It's Sunday evening already and the Monday-blues have arrived! However, on the plus side I've given Maybelline's Lash Sensational mascara a full day test run... and I like it!

I picked up the normal version and a waterproof one in my Boots haul the other day (click here for the blog post!) after hearing so many good things and most importantly for it's reputation of being a cheaper high street dupe for Benefit's Roller Lash.

I'm saving the waterproof one for my holiday next week (*sings* do you like pina coladas?) but I'm very impressed with the normal version. There's no strong smell, dries fairly quickly, easy to apply to the lower lash line too (I struggle with some brushes which makes me look like a giant panda!) and the best thing, the difference it makes to my 'naked' lashes....



Being naturally fair skinned with blonde, my eyebrows and eyelashes look pretty non-existent without some 'assistance' and I love how much difference one coat of Lash Sensational makes. As you can tell it opens up my eyes and makes them look thicker and it does this without giving that 'clumpy' look or feeling heavy/sticky on my lashes.

On my brows I've used the pencil from Revlon's Brow Fantasy in Brunette which is my go-to quick eyebrow product to give a little colour and on my lids I've used a couple of shades from Collection's Eyes Uncovered palette in Nude Rose - a nice handy-sized palette with a nice range of 6 shimmery shades.

Getting to lunch time, it's held up well. I have a habit when mascara dries too much to pull it off my lashes and I didn't find myself doing this today. Lunch time update is as follows (be warned, you're about to see my ugly mug!!)

 My eyes are a tad wonky in this picture (which is pretty normal for me) but the lashes were doing really well :)

Which brings me to this evening (well about 30 minutes ago)...
I've now had the product of for 12 hours!! It's still fairly comfortable and my lashes are still reasonably soft to touch - I find with Roller Lash that they can get a little bit stiff by this time.


It's worn a little bit more on the left eye on the picture and throughout the day it didn't give as good a lift as Roller Lash does for me but I'm really happy that I've given this a go and it's a definite sizzle! So much so I've done exactly what I did my older shampoo/conditioner on my Extraordinary Clay review and swapped my existing mascara out of my make up and back and Lash Sensational is in! 

I'm looking forward to see how the waterproof one holds up in Portugal.. I'm putting my faith in it as it's the only mascara I'm going to take :)

 Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and what you think of Lash Sensational :)

Thanks for reading!
Hannah
x



  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews