Previous Blog Posts

Sunday 1 May 2016

Perfect pinks?

Good evening!

So when you need to stretch out your back, you go to Asda late on Saturday evening and buy some new nail varnish, right?
Well that's what I did 😊

I picked up three pink toned nails varnishes, two from Asda George's own range and one from Rimmel. Bright baby pinks do not suit my skin tone.. it's just a no go for me, however hand me a blush, rose or a nude pink and I'm hooked!




Firstly I bring you Gel Pro from Asda's range. I bought 05 Pink (on the left) and 09 Nude Pink (on the right) for a bargain price of £2 each!! I think this is a fairly new introduction to their range as a hop on to the 'gel effect' bandwagon.
The bottles feel good quality and definitely not as cheap as I would've expected. Colour payoff on my swatch wheel isn't too bad either with only two coats 😊
05 Pink is a little bit more opaque than 09 Nude Pink, the latter possibly needing three coats on real nails  (which could be a downside for some) however the colours are lovely and I can't wait to give them a try!!

Secondly I picked up Grape Sorbet from Rimmel's new-ish Super Gel range for £5.98.  I picked up Soul Session (a biscuity nude) and the Super Gel
Nail Polish Topcoat a couple of months ago from Boots following a friend's recommendation and where it lasted for a good five days  before chipping (however no where near the 14 days wear as advertised) it lasted really well. On this basis I can't wait to try Grape Sorbet!

My only concern is that it does look a little streaky on the swatch (middle nail on photo) and if you don't have the  Topcoat I don't know how long they may last..



Overall I'm happy with my little late night haul and I'll update the post once I've tried them out :)
If you can recommend any good quality high street branded nail varnishes please let me know!!

Hannah
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews