Previous Blog Posts

Thursday 26 May 2016

Pucker Up For Portugal

Hello!!

My more recent obsession, aside from the mammoth collection of nail varnishes, is all about the lip!!


In work I don't tend to wear too much make up and lipstick / lipgloss / lip balms are the one item I avoid - mainly because I get too busy, forget to touch up and by the end of the day I look like I've face-smushed a punnet of soggy strawberries!!

However on holiday... it's a different story... the lips come out to play ;)

I took a range of shades and products with me to Portugal so here's a run down and some swatches!!

First up - as shown on my lips in the photo above - Sleek's Matte Me Lip Creme in Rjoja Red.
The colour pay off is intense, the above photo is only one coat and it's amazing, It dries in a minute or two leaving a gorgeous, not too dry, matte texture. At £4.99 from Boots, the pricing is on point too.

Maybelline's Shine Edition in Oh My Doll is beautiful - I have the older packaging but the new packaging (seen here). A little sheer but a perfect pink for the beach with a really nice, glossy finish and not drying in any way, winner!!

This next beauty is from Barry M and is actually a shade that was bought for me by a 'Secret Santa' - aka one of my team at work - at Christmas this year. It's a neutral rosey peach shade, shade 164, from their Lip Paint range.Considering Hayley didn't know me too well at the time, her choice was spot on for me!!
It's a little drying but does last quite a long time and is a colour that I can wear anytime and anywhere :)

 And to finish the lipstick section off.. The Bourjois Souffle De Velvet in Ravie En Rose! So soft, lasts about 4-5 hours with one coat and for me, isn't drying one bit. This colour is gorgeous yet neutral, and perfect for the beach during the day!




Four lip balms came on holiday with me, the most important one being the Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast with SPF 15 protection!! Mr B wasn't a fan of the scent on this but I loved it :) It's very sweet smelling and feels thicker than your normal balm but not in a disgusting wallpaper paste way I assure you!!

And the balms that followed included the:





Hopefully some lip-smacking holiday suggestions for you!!
Let me know if you have any recommendations below :)

Thanks
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews